[linux-dvb] [multiproto patch] add support for using multiproto drivers with old api

ChaosMedia > WebDev webdev at chaosmedia.org
Sat May 24 10:37:34 CEST 2008

Goga777 wrote:

>> Thank you so much :)
>> I can't believe I'm watching tv in kaffeine with my multiproto card.
>>

> what about dvb-s2 channels on your kaffeine ? how can you watch their ?

i've got a kaffeine multiproto patch coming soon, it should fully
support multiproto api but has been only tested on dvb-s/s2 with my
cards dvbs fullfeatured and budget dvb-s2

dvb-s2 chans are working fine, other problems are h264 HD / xine /
ffh264 related, i'm on 64 bit.

i'll have to test my patch against that new multiproto patch and i'll
probably post my kaffeine patch on kaffeine forum later next week.. Or
somewhere else if kaffeine guys don't want to see multiproto content
there as i know they won't support multiproto..

the patch is supposed to be v4l-dvb / multiproto compatible so you don't
need two different versions of kaffeine if you're switching api versions..

Later

Marc