[linux-dvb] Skystar USB 2

Roland Mieslinger rmie at gmx.de
Tue May 27 11:53:25 CEST 2008

> Hi,
> I'm new to this list. I bought myself a Skystar USB 2 to upgrade my myth
> box to DVB-S. Unfortunatly it seems that it is not supported by linux right
> now. Can anyone help me with this? It's brandnew so I could also bring it
> back to the store, but then it would be nice, if someone could name an
> alternative USB device. On the other hand I also willing to take the
> challenge... :-)
> Btw. PCI devices are not a choice for me, since my board has only one PCI
> slot, which is already in use.

I've tested the same HW on the weekend, and can confirm it's not working.

If you need a working solution quickly, I'd take the box back to the dealer. But I can't recommend any other right now.

Older Skystar devices are working (tested with "Skystar USB" DVB-T). I'm not sure about "Skystar USB plus", but as the driver has only one USD-ID listed ("Skystar USB"), I belive it's not working

Roland