[linux-dvb] DVB Descrambling

Egor Shibeko egor.shibeko at gmail.com
Wed May 28 19:54:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have problem watching scrambling channels (other channels are OK), e.g. streaming them using gnutv and then
watching it using mplayer.
The following is the information about hardware and some steps (if they are will be helpful for you).

I have the following system output for dmesg ('dmesg | grep DVB'):

DVB: registering new adapter (KNC TV STAR DVB-S).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...
dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully

'gnutv -cammenu' said the following:

CAM supports the following ca system ids:
  0x1702
  0x0602
  0x0604
  0x0606
  0x0608
  0x1722
  0x1762
  0x4a20
  0x0500
  0x0b00
  0x0d00
  0x0d03
  0x0d05
  0x0d0c
  0x0d22
CAM Application type: 01
CAM Application manufacturer: 4a20
CAM Manufacturer code: 4a20
CAM Menu string: AlphaCrypt

The following is from 'Information' menu:

≈AlphaCrypt 3.09 (c) Mascom GmbH
Module Information    (CPU: 73%)
0. Quit menu
1. Loader version: EuroBoot V2.00C
2. Application version: 3.09
3. Supports satellite update: yes
4. Compiled at: Aug 14 2006 11:38:27

If I choose 'Smartcard' menu and then 'Entitlements', error occurs:
en50221_stdcam_llci_poll: Error reported by stack:-3

If you need any additional information, I will provide it to you. And the main question,
how to watch scrambled channels.

--
Egor Shibeko <egor.shibeko at gmail.com>