[linux-dvb] Nova-TD and I2C read/write failed

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:24:42 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:14 AM, petercarm
<linuxtv at hotair.fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> My build is gentoo with 2.6.25 kernel and mercurial V4L using
> dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw   The Hauppauge Nova-TD USB stick shows a USB ID
> of 2040:5200.
>
> The card works for a few hours and then floods dmesg with "DiB0070 I2C
> write failed" messages.
>
> I've found plenty of passing references to this problem, but what do I
> need to do to get this working?
>
> Do I need to change to the 1.20 firmware?
>
> Where does dib0700_new_i2c_api.patch exist?  It is mentioned on the wiki
> but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Hello Peter,

The new i2c API is merged into the v4l-dvb mainline, so there is no
need for a patch.  Also, the mainline requires 1.20 firmware, although
it turns out the remote control support is broken (Patrick and myself
are actively investigating this issue).

It would be worthwhile for you to update to the lastest v4l-dvb tree
and see if your situation improves.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller