[linux-dvb] dvbloopback:

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Thu Nov 6 00:48:47 CET 2008

Am trying to use dvbloopback in a setup with two cards, but it seems
to fail, I get these errors;

Nov  6 09:30:30.151 frontend: Could not open /dev/dvb/adapter2/
frontend1. Error was: 14
Open failed
: Bad address
Nov  6 09:30:30.151 demux: Could not open /dev/dvb/adapter2/demux1.
Error was: 14
Open failed
: Bad address

Looking in /var/log/messages, I see the errors;

Nov  6 09:30:30 htpc kernel: Failed to find private data during open

Looking into the dvbloopback kernel module source, it looks like it's
not able to retrieve its private member variables;

lbdev = (struct dvblb_devinfo *)dvbdev->priv;
if (lbdev == NULL) {
   printk("Failed to find private data during open\n");
   return -EFAULT;
}

This would indicate something serious is happening with the kernel
module loading? I am using kernel 2.6.26, am not sure if there are any
incompatibilities there, as the compile script seems to support up to
2.6.25 only?

Is the dvbloopback module author subscribed to this list?

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com