[linux-dvb] HD over satellite? (h.264)

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 13:53:21 CET 2008

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 03:38:07 +0100
hermann pitton <hermann-pitton at arcor.de> wrote:

> But people should know, as far I can say, that future HD broadcasts will
> be DVB-S2 and to buy now something not capable of it will be, well,
> Lehman and Iceland BS*, and nobody will compensate you. It is already
> trash.

OTOH you can get a used DVB-S card now for 20ukp and by the time you
really need DVB-S2 you should be able to get a better card that will be
working with Linux by then (eg PCI-e, multiple tuners) or the price of
single tuner PCI DVB-S2 cards may have dropped by as much as 20ukp.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk