[linux-dvb] PCI-e drivers

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 20:49:25 CET 2008

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:50:47 +0100
rjkm <rjkm at metzlerbros.de> wrote:

> Artem Makhutov writes:
>  >
>  > On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 02:21:44PM +0000, Tony Houghton wrote:
>  > > Sorry to ask such an awkward question, but is it realistic to hope that
>  > > Linux will have working drivers for PCI-e DVB cards within the next year
>  > > or two?
>
> Yes.
>
> There are drivers for the Micronas dual PCIe DVB-S2 prototype and a
> new card loosely based on this design (but e.g. with new tuners/demod)
> might be available in a couple of months.
>
> AFAIK, Manu has also been working on cards based on the Philips/NXP
> PCIe bridge.

Yes, I saw something about that in the list archives etc, but there
didn't seem to be any recent news.

This has been quite a helpful thread, so thanks everyone. It's helped
strengthen my opinion that it does make sense to "wait and see" with
DVB-S2 and get the cheap option for now, although most people would
rather get a DVB-S2 card straight away.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk