[linux-dvb] Geniatech x8000 thriller

CityK cityk at rogers.com
Sun Nov 9 05:19:30 CET 2008

Ruth Fernandez wrote:
> I have a Geniatech x8000 thriller ATSC card. The only way Ubuntu will
> see it is with the ismod option in the etc/modprobe.d/option file. The
> ATSC part is not recognized. Plus there is no sound. Can you help.
> Larry -dmesg below
>
>  44.901324] cx88/2: cx2388x MPEG-TS Driver Manager version 0.0.6 loaded
> [   44.901560] cx88[0]: subsystem: 14f1:1419, board: Geniatech
> X8000-MT DVBT [card=63,insmod option], frontend(s): 1

Wrong card option; card 63 is for the DVB-T version of the card and,
consequently, explains why the wrong components are being loaded.  Use
card=67 instead.  There may be further info for you in:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_ATSC_120

Can you report your success on the matter and also supply the output of
"lspci -vn" (to see what the PCI subsystem ID for the card is, and as to
whether it differs from the KWorld card).  Thanks.