[linux-dvb] Remote HID device repeating keys problem [SOLVED]

Alain Kalker miki at dds.nl
Wed Nov 12 01:46:15 CET 2008

Op woensdag 12-11-2008 om 01:39 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Alain
Kalker:
> When I was testing my patch to support the Digittrade DVB-T USB Stick
> remote, I experienced a problem with remote keys repeating until I hit a
> key on the keyboard, similar to the problem with the Nova-T-500 remote.
> My guess that it had something to do with the additional HID device the
> stick registers for the remote turned out to be right.
>
> I created the file /etc/modprobe.d/usbhid containing:
>
> options usbhid quirks=0x15a4:0x9016:0x4

Obvious omission: The above line only works for a generic af9015 device.
For other devices that register a HID device, you need to replace the
first 2 hex numbers:

options usbhid quirks=0x<VendorID:0x<ProductID>:0x4

Sadly, this method is documented only in the kernel source file...

Alain