[linux-dvb] Any DVB-C tuner with working CAM?

Rune Evjen rune.evjen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:56:31 CET 2008

Hi,

I use the TT 2300-C Premium card with a Conax CAM (rev 1.1) - 4.00e and this
works fine with my cable provider. The CAM was ordered from
www.dvb-shop.netalong with the DVB-C card.

Apparently they only ship rev 1.2 ( (
http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p20_Conax-CAM
--Rev--1-2----4-00e.html) now which also supports the bitrates of HDTV, but
I have not tested this CAM, although dvb-shop states that rev 1.2 is
compatible as well.

My cable provider is not Technisat, but I guess that if Technisat encryption
is based on Conax 4.00e then the CAM should be okay.

My configuration works in mythtv and (by recollection) mplayer and xine.

I get the same dmesg output as you for the tt-dvbpci card.

I also use a Terratec Cinergy-C Card using the mantis drivers but the CI
interface of that card is not yet supported as well.

Rune