[linux-dvb] HVR-850 (HVR-950Q?) NTSC Analog Video

Tom Wambold tom5760 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 02:22:14 CET 2008

Hello all:

I have a Hauppauge HVR-850, and I am trying to get it to work with
Linux.  I am able to use the au0828 drivers in the 2.6.27 kernel to
get digital signals from my 850, but I can't seem to find any way to
get an analog signal.  I have searched all around and could not find a
solution.  Does anyone have any information on this?

To clarify, my kernel version is 2.6.27, the HVR-850's USB ID is
2040:7240.  I found some links saying that the 850 is similar to the
950Q, if so, any information on that might help too.

I know the hardware supports analog, as the Windows software is able
to get a signal.

Thanks for your time!
-Tom