[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Win TV Nova T PCI not working after re-installation.

Abdou NIANG abdouniang at voila.fr
Wed Nov 19 19:07:52 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm under Ubuntu 8.04, kernel 2.6.24 and i would like to have my Hauppauge Win TV Nova T PCI card woring.

I've re-installed ubuntu 8.04 yesterday because of errors at power on and since that i can't configure my card.

Before i proceed to new install the card was working well. dvb-utils packages , dvbstream, kaffeine, were working well.

First i've added the right modules (cx8802, cx88-dvb) in /etc/modules.
When i install dvb-utils and dvbstream i've this udev message :"udev active, ... installed in /dev/.static/dev/"
So dvb folder is in /dev/.static/dev/dvb instead of being in /dev.

I disable the .static creation at starting system so dvb folder is created in /dev but when i try to scan frequencies i have this error:

"FATAL:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0: No such file or device".

/dev/dvb folder is well populated i've /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0, demux0,...

I've tried re-install one more time and try to upgrade to Ubuntu 8.10 with kernel 2.6.27 and i have the same problem.

Does anyone have knows how to solve my problem ?

thanks

Écoutez gratuitement le nouveau single de Noir Désir et découvrez d'autres titres en affinité avec vos goûts musicaux ! http://musiline.voila.fr/player/generate/4/15/31774/?intitule=Gagnants+%2F+Perdants