[linux-dvb] Distorted analog sound when using an HVR-3000

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:15:13 CET 2008

Hi,
    I'm testing a Hauppauge HVR-3000 for its use with MythTV, and I'm
observing that I have a completely distorted sound when using any of the
analog inputs (TV, S-Video or Composite). The sound is completely crackly,
not understanble at all, just noise. I've teste 2 different cards, so I'm
pretty sure it's not a "faulty card" issue.

This happens both in MythTV or when using directly mplayer to capture video
& audio.

I'm using an up-to-date HG DVB repository.

Best regards,
  Eduard