[linux-dvb] SAA7162 status

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 21:39:19 CET 2008

CityK wrote:
> James Le Cuirot wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Any news on SAA7162? I know this is asked fairly often but it's been a
>> couple of months since the last update. I did read that NXP are trying
>> to gauge the amount of user interest. Well here is one Linux user who
>> would buy such a card very soon if a working driver became available. I
>> am also pondering about DVB-S2/T2 but I guess DVB-S/T isn't going away
>> in the UK just yet. :)
>>

> Best I can give you is this:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-video&m=122662096530211&w=2

The SAA716x driver is supposed to support the following PCIe chips

SAA7160
SAA7161
SAA7162

The SAA716x development repository is at http://jusst.de/hg/saa716x
It is quite a work in progress, as of now. There are also some DVB-S2
cards based on the SAA7160.

Also, the SAA7164 chip is not supported by the SAA716x driver as it is a
completely different chip altogether.

Regards,
Manu