[linux-dvb] Reception problems with af9015 based USB stick

Richard Palmer richard.palmer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 14:51:02 CET 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Antti Palosaari <crope at iki.fi> wrote:
> Richard Palmer wrote:
>>  Whilst it works well in single mode (in dual mode neither tuner
>>  worked), there seem to be a lot more 'pops' in the sound and blocks
>>  appearing in the picture. Are there any more tuning options I can try
>> when
>>  improvement. I know it's not a signal strength problem as both a set-top
>> box
>>  and the nova-t ran from the same aerial without these problems.
>
> I made test version that uses different tuner driver. Please test if it
> helps. http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015-mxl500x/

All the sound glitches have gone, the picture is almost perfect (a few
blocks occasionally but probably caused
by interference). Many thanks Antti.

I thought I'd push my luck and see if the dual tuner support worked
with the new driver, it seems to
as the first frontend is working just as well as in single mode now,
but no frontend device is appearing for
the second tuner so I can't test it.

Thanks again,

Richard