[linux-dvb] AnyTV AUTV002 USB ATSC/QAM Tuner Stick

Bob Cunningham FlyMyPG at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 02:33:44 CET 2008

Bob Cunningham wrote:
> CityK wrote:
>> Michael Krufky wrote:
>>> Bob,
>>> A patch was submitted that adds support for a device with usb ID
>>> 05e1:0400, but it did not get merged yet.
>>> The reason why I didn't merge the patch yet, is that there are
>>> multiple devices out there using this USB id but they have different
>>> internal components and no way to differentiate between the two.
>>> If you can open up your stick and tell us what is printed on each
>>> chip, then I can help you get yours working.
>> Likely (as mentioned in the related discussion/thread:
>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=122472907625204&w=2):
>> - Microtune MT213x (tuner)
>> - Auvitek AU850x (demod)
>> - Auvitek AU0828 (usb)
> There are 3 chips, from the USB to the cable connector they are:
> AU0828A
> AU8522AA
> MT2131F
> The silk screen text on the PC board reads "AUTV002_Ver1.0c"
> Pictures soon!
> -BobC

Hi yet again,

I checked the source, and it seems the patch I found (http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=122416362902362&w=2) had indeed not yet been committed to the tree.  I applied it to my updated source and reinstalled v4l.  The following devices now appear:

I have no idea if they are functional!  I tried running xine, but I am unfamiliar with it, so I don't know if there is a problem in the driver, or if it is a PEBKAC.

What is the preferred testing strategy?