[linux-dvb] Distorted analog sound when using an HVR-3000

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:46:16 CET 2008

Nothing :(. The results are exactly the same: when I use the analog TV
input, the sound is bad but understable, but somehow "high pitched" fro some
reason.

When using s-video or composite (this, capturing sound from LineIn input)
the sound is completely broken: I'm getting only crackling noise,
ocassionaly disrupted by some fragments of which it should be the original
input sound...

This happens both in MythTV and when using mplayer, like i.e. using the
following command line:

mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=PAL-BG:\
input=1:alsa:adevice=hw.1,0:amode=1:volume=50:immediatemode=0:buffersize=3

Any ideas? I'm using a fresh copy of http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb/ repository.

Best regards,
  Eduard Huguet