[linux-dvb] Nova/dib0700/i2C write failed

jon bird news at onastick.clara.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 20:34:00 CET 2008

In article <492A8A43.4060001 at rusch.name>, Holger Rusch
<holger at rusch.name> writes
>Hi,
>
>jon bird schrieb:
>> Just to provide a bit more info on what seems to be an ongoing issue
>> with these devices, I updated my kernel (2.6.26) dvb drivers with a
>> snapshot from here on 19/11/08 (v4l-dvb-5dc4a6b381f6), it has
>> marginally improved the behaviour but only slightly. Previously,
>> sporadic 'usb 1-4: USB disconnect, address 2' followed by 'mt2060 I2C
>> write failed' cropping up generally put the khubd into a spin with
>> repeated messages of the form:
>
>... are you sure that it is not a problem of the usb ports?
>
>I got an MB with SB700 Chipset and it seems to have the same problems as
>the SB600 with the USB ports (disconnects here and then).

[...]

could be although on perusing the mailing list archives this seemed to
be a recurring problem of which various attempts have been made to
investigate/fix but there didn't seem to be a conclusion to it all.
Hence I just thought I'd see what the latest state of play was and
report back anything potentially useful.....

Don't know what the USB chipset is, though it's a VIA m/board so could
well be one of their own.

j.

--
== jon bird - software engineer
== <reply to address _may_ be invalid, real mail below>