[linux-dvb] Nova/dib0700/i2C write failed

Robert Watkins robert at watkin5.net
Tue Nov 25 21:19:10 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 21:29 +0000, Richard Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 19:34 +0000, jon bird wrote:
> >> could be although on perusing the mailing list archives this seemed
> >> be a recurring problem of which various attempts have been made to
> >> investigate/fix but there didn't seem to be a conclusion to it all.
> >> Hence I just thought I'd see what the latest state of play was and
> >> report back anything potentially useful.....
> >
> > Well, this has normally been solved. Your report is the first one in a
> > long time.
>
> I'll second the report. Also with a VIA motherboard, so the USB ports
> could be the
> culprit. Running Mythbuntu with kernel 2.6.24 and using the new
> firmware still gives
> i2c errors.

I've found Unbuntu 2.6.24-21-386 worked reasonable well with errors
requiring a shut down and cold start once or twice a week.

After an upgrade, I found 2.6.27-7-generic fails within seconds of
starting to record on two tuners.
  dvb-usb: error while enabling fifo.

The current v4l-dvb drivers have the same issue.

I also occasionally get
  dib0700: firmware download failed at 17248 with -110

My PC's got ATI's IXP SB400 USB2 Host Controllers.

Rob Watkins