[linux-dvb] Re : Re : TT S2-3200 driver

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 16:28:18 CEST 2008

Hi all,

My description of the solution is here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-September/029361.html

I've also attaching the patches to this thread.

Several people reported better lock on DVB-S channels.

Just to clarify it, the changes mostly affect DVB-S channels scanning, it
doesn't help with DVB-S2 locking problem since the code is totally different
for S and S2 signal search.

I've increased a timer for S2 signal search and decreased the search step,
this helps to lock on "good" S2 channels that were locked anyway with
several attempts, but this time it locks from first attempt. The "bad"
channels finds the signal, but the FEC is unable to lock.
Since searching of S2 channels is done in the card and not in the driver,
its pretty hard to know what is going on there.

Can't say what happens with the lock on "good" channels since I don't have
any S2 FTA in my sight.

If anyone has any progress with S2 lock, let me know, I'd like to join the
forces.