[linux-dvb] HVR2250 / HVR2200 / SAA7164 status

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Thu Oct 2 16:57:57 CEST 2008

Steven Toth wrote:

    As you know, I'm writing a driver for the SAA7164 chipset, for the
    HVR2200 DVB-T and HVR2250 ATSC/QAM products.

    People have been asking for status, here's where I am.

    Do I have anything to share with people yet? Not yet.

    The basic driver framework is done. Firmware is loading, I can
    talking to the silicon through the proprietary PCIe ring buffer
    interface. I2C is working, eeprom and tuner/demod access is done.
    The HVR2250 is responding to azap commands, the tuners and demods
    are locking, snr looks pretty good... it's going to be a popular
    board for people. The HVR2200 (DVB-T Version) should also worked
    with tzap, it's untested and I can't comment on SNR at this stage. I
    need to add the DMA/buffering code, this is the missing pieces
    before a first public release. When I have anything to share I'll
    put up a tree and post a 'testers required' message here.

We're a couple episodes into this fall television season and I'm missing
my shows. ;)

Having another month down, I wanted to send a friendly nudge your
direction, Steve, to see how this is progressing.