[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 801e users: Don't update!

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:57:30 CEST 2008

If you are a user of the Pinnacle 801e, the changes supporting this
device went in to the mainline on Sunday morning.  However, due to a
subsequent commit, the code will cause a kernel panic if you actually
try to use it.

I would have brought this to users' attention sooner, but I wasn't
expecting the two line patch I submitted Sunday night to sit in
Mauro's queue for four days (and counting).

If you're a Pinnacle 801e user, you can either hold off on updating or
use the attached patch.

Regards,

Devin

--