[linux-dvb] Afatech DVB-T - Installation Guide - v0.1.1j (not working)

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Oct 14 15:59:53 CEST 2008

Jelle de Jong wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>> I bought an other usb dvb-t stick (number 5) with the hope it would work
>> out of the box under Debian Linux Sid because I could not efficiently
>> maintain all the custom build drivers on my systems.
>> The distributer, tried to create something that would work on Linux but
>> he kind of missed the point of Linux sustainable driver model. There was
>> an cdrom included with an "autoself" installation script. That tried to
>> heavily rape my debian box..
>> http://filebin.ca/rydcgt/treiber.tar.gz
>> I would like to know if this device can work out of the box? and if not
>> what is needed to get the device working out of the box?
>> See the attachment for the device information. If more information is
>> needed please tell me how to gather it.
>> Best regards,
>> Jelle
> I found some additional information, but all my above questions remain
> the same.
> http://openlab.savonia-amk.fi/wiki/index.php/Afatech_9016_DVB-T_USB
> Best regards,
> Jelle

Hello everybody,

Even while the device does not yet work out of the box and I don't know
why this is the case, i tried to get the device working. I created some
documentation of my steps, but the device refuses to find any dvb-t
signals, while I am sure there are there.

Please see the attachment for far more detailed information.

Any help is really appreciated.

Kind regards,

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)