[linux-dvb] Re : Re : Re : Re : Twinhan 1041 (SP 400) lock and scan problems - the solution [not quite :(]

Emmanuel ALLAUD eallaud at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 15 01:35:57 CEST 2008

Le 06.10.2008 06:33:56, Alex Betis a écrit :
> Emmanuel,
>
> As I wrote:
> > Just to clarify it, the changes mostly affect DVB-S channels
> > scanning,
> > it
> > doesn't help with DVB-S2 locking problem since the code is totally
> > different
> > for S and S2 signal search.
>
> The 11495 channel you reported as bad is DVB-S2, so my changes
> doesn't
> help
> for that channel.
>
> I hope Manu will find a solution since I don't have any documentation
> for
> that chip and solving the DVB-S2 problem needs knowledge in chip
> internals.

OK so here are the 2 logs using simpledvbtune, one using dvb-s2 and the
other dvb-s (and I check the tables from the other transponders of this
sat, this transponder is declared as DVB-S).
In any case you will see that something is picked up in both cases but
nothing comes out fine finally.
I CCed Manu to see if he can shed some light!
This is done with a clean multiproto tree IIRC, verbose=5 for both
stbxxxx modules.
Thanks all,
Bye
Manu