[linux-dvb] Compro T300

Tom Jones jonestejm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:11:12 CEST 2008

I'm having a problem with my Compro T300 TV tuner card and hope someone can
assist.

The card is recognized and I can scan channels using Kaffeine however it
only finds the 4 stations on the UHF channel.  The other four VHF channels
are not found.  I find this strange as the UHF frequency is the weakest of
the five.  tzap gets a lock on all 5 frequencies (UHF & VHF).

MythTV recognises the card but scanning only results in timeout messages.
Manually entering the frequency data doesn't work.

I'm not that familiar with linux however my assumption is that the card is
having problems with VHF frequencies.  I'm not sure if this is correct as
MythTV won't even find the UHF channel.  I know it's not the signal as my
2nd card (LeadTek) scans without a problem.

lspci shows
  01:07.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7134/SAA7135HL
Video Broadcast Decoder (rev 01)

$ dmesg | grep DVB
[   35.847007] saa7134[0]: subsystem: 185b:c900, board: Compro Videomate
DVB-T300 [card=70,insmod option]
[   36.581953] DVB: registering new adapter (saa7134[0])
[   36.581962] DVB: registering frontend 0 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T).

modules has
saa7134-dvb

options
options saa7134 card=70 oss=1 tuner=67