[linux-dvb] saa7134 bug in 64 bits system

Mathieu Taillefumier mathieu.taillefumier at free.fr
Thu Oct 23 11:43:02 CEST 2008

Hello,

I did not have much time to further investigate the problem but I tried
again this time with a kernel 2.6.27.2 and the last hg version of the
drivers. Here is what I get on 64bits a nice oops with NULL pointers. I
have to do the test in 32bits kernel (with nearly the same
configuration, and I know it works on this one) to check if the bug is
reproducible but since there is already a problem with PCI resources
allocation I think this bug is the consequence of it.

> at least the device is totally death for any i2c stuff, means that Andy
> is right, that it fails on prior PCI stuff already.

I also think that the problem also comes from pci because I have
troubles to use my wifi card on the same port. (not both at the same
time of course)
> Coming up by default with a PCI latency of 0 also looks insane.
>
> It is also not reproducible on a recent 2.6.26 _64 quad too.

I do not understand your sentence. Are you able to reproduce the bug
2.6.26 _64 quad or not.
> [Herman]
>
> Unload the drivers, put the device out, wait 35 seconds, load the
> drivers again, insert that card and report it is still the same.

It does not work on my sony laptop.

regards

Mathieu