[linux-dvb] How to contribute my driver code to V4L-DVB or Kernel

Andreas Oberritter obi at linuxtv.org
Mon Oct 27 14:28:00 CET 2008

Hello,

hbomb ustc wrote:
> I have written the V4L-DVB driver of DTV/ATV receiver for my company.
> And I want to contribute the soure code of it to V4L-DVB or linux
> kernel. Could someone tell me how to do this?  Thanks.

You can either set up a public repository, where your source code can
be pulled from, or you can send your patches to this mailing list. If
they are large, it might be preferrable to put them on a web server
instead and send a link to the mailing list.

If you'd like to set up a repository on linuxtv.org, I'm sure there's
someone out there, who can create an account for you. Mauro?

Contributions to the Linux kernel require a statement that you are
entitled to publish the source code under the terms of the license
of Linux. Please use your real name.

Here are some documents that might give you some hints about proper
submission of a driver:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/CodingStyle
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/SubmittingDrivers
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/SubmittingPatches