[linux-dvb] commit 9344:aa3a67b658e8 (DVB-Core update) breaks tuning of cx24123

Matthias Schwarzott zzam at gentoo.org
Mon Oct 27 20:23:23 CET 2008

Hi Manu, hi Steven!

It seems an update of dvb-core breaks tuning of cx24123.
After updating to latest v4l-dvb the nova-s plus card just did no longer lock
to any channel. So I bisected it, and found this commit:

changeset:   9344:aa3a67b658e8
parent:      9296:e2a8b9b9c294
user:        Manu Abraham <manu at linuxtv.org>
date:        Tue Oct 14 23:34:07 2008 +0400
summary:     DVB-Core update

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/aa3a67b658e8

It basically did update the dvb-kernel-thread and enhanced the code using
get_frontend_algo.

The codepath when get_frontend_algo returns *_ALGO_HW stayed the same, only
one line got removed: params = &fepriv->parameter

Just re-adding that line made my card working again. Either this was lost, or
the last two lines using "params" should also be converted to directly
use "&fepriv->parameters".

Regards
Matthias