[linux-dvb] Announcement: wiki merger and some loose ends

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Tue Oct 28 16:21:52 CET 2008

Hi CityK,

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:22:34PM -0400, CityK wrote:

> 1) I've started the merger of the V4L and DVB wikis.  I posted an
> announcement on the main page of both.

Thanks for doing this! I also hope the design drafts
on User:CityK will manifest itself on the main page
sometime.

> 3) For your viewing pleasure (and in the spirit of Halloween) I
> resurrect an older thread that I'd like to see some meaning movement
> made upon :
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=120000803816050&w=2

(about merging the linux-dvb and video4linux-list)

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a new
list on vger.kernel.org which assimilates
linux-dvb, video4linux-list and v4l-dvb-maintainer.
vger.kernel.org has outstanding spam filters so their
lists generally allow postings from non-subscribers.

How about just creating such a list as a replacement
for v4l-dvb-maintainer, and then see if linux-dvb
and video4linux-list users accept it and move
their discussions over?

Best Regards

Johannes