[linux-dvb] [ANNOUNCE] scan-s2 is available, please test

Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:20:22 CET 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:05 PM, oleg roitburd <oroitburd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Small snipet from VDR/channels.c
> -------------------------------snip------------------------------
> const tChannelParameterMap ModulationValues[] = {
>  {  16, QAM_16,   "QAM16" },
>  {  32, QAM_32,   "QAM32" },
>  {  64, QAM_64,   "QAM64" },
>  { 128, QAM_128,  "QAM128" },
>  { 256, QAM_256,  "QAM256" },
>  {   2, QPSK,     "QPSK" },
>  {   5, PSK_8,    "8PSK" },
>  {   6, APSK_16,  "16APSK" },
>  {  10, VSB_8,    "VSB8" },
>  {  11, VSB_16,   "VSB16" },
>  { 998, QAM_AUTO, "QAMAUTO" },
>  { -1 }
>  };
> -------------------------------------------snap----------------------------

Thanks. I'll use it in the dump.

> > FEC you can specify in the frequency file as "AUTO", "1/3", "2/3" and so
> on.
> > I'll update README to make it clear. All frequency files samples show
> that
> > option.
>
> i have seen, that FEC will be set if FEC is in initial file.
> If transponder was found via NIT it will be not set

Yeah, it was my change since I saw NIT specifying incorrect FEC for a
channel that was in my frequency list already!
I'll probably change it so NIT will be considered as the correct info unless
frequency list include non-AUTO value.
This way it will be possible to overwrite values or rely on network
announcements if you want full automatic behavior.