[linux-dvb] cx88-blackbird mailbox timeout

Frederic CAND frederic.cand at anevia.com
Wed Oct 29 15:36:09 CET 2008

Frederic CAND a écrit :
> Dear all,
> I'm using one of the latest snapshots with my hauppauge hvr1300. I'm
> encoutering an issue, where randomly the mpeg ps device does not contain
> any sound track at all. I insist on the random side of the thing. If I
> completly power off my computer, no card can be affected by this bug, or
> any other card can be. But when a card is affected, it is until the
> computer is powered off. Unloading / reloading the modules won't fix.
> Other thing, on closing an mpeg device affected by this bug, the dmesg
> will contain :
> cx88[2]/2-bb: ERROR: API Mailbox timeout
> then, opening the device again will show this message :
> [62153.237112] cx88[2]/2-bb: ERROR: Mailbox appears to be in use (7)
> [62155.868701] cx88[2]/2-bb: Firmware upload successful.
> [62155.872299] cx88[2]/2-bb: Firmware version is 0x02060039
> Any idea ?
So if anyone is interested, the cause of this issue is the following "fix" :

when reverse applying it, I got the sound track in all my mpeg devices,
and then "api mailbox timeout" message never appeared afterwards.

I can prepare a patch if you want. Who should I send it to ?
CAND Frederic
Product Manager