[linux-dvb] automated w_scan, duplicated channels and signal strength filtering

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Fri Oct 31 20:53:37 CET 2008

Hello everybody,

I am using a tool called w_scan [1] to automate scanning for dvb-t
signals, this kind of works, but its still not enough to be usable for
non computer literate people. I got the following issues:

When a scan is completed it list all found channels, in the file, (see
attachment) however this also include duplicated channels with other
frequencies and strange channels that are from local unusable broadcast.

The issue here is that signal strength is not used to filter out
duplicated channels, only the best strongest signal should come in the
channel list, and channels without identifiers should be removed.

How can we do this? Is somebody able to fix these issues?

Thank in advance for any repose,

Best regards,

Jelle

[1] http://wirbel.htpc-forum.de/w_scan/index2.html

ps. I can't find any contact info for the developer of w_scan.