[linux-dvb] [OT] Re: Aver saa7135 cards.

Krzysztof Burghardt krzysztof at burghardt.pl
Mon Sep 1 12:14:54 CEST 2008

W dniu 1 września 2008 11:51 użytkownik Wieslaw Kierbedz
<mincho at interia.pl> napisał:
> Due to number of possible programs and frequencies limit polish DBT
> stations will work with H.264.
> Most of test transmiters changed standard from mpeg2 to h264 just in
> this summer.

That is true. But I'm sure that KIGEiT, Instytutu Łączności and
broadcasters cannot made anything a national standard. According to
Polish law[1] such decision can be made only by minister. Minister did
not make any decisions yet, so there is no national standard for DVB
in Poland.

[1] article 132, paragraph 2,  "Prawo telekomunikacyjne" (Dz. U. z
dnia 3 sierpnia 2004 r.)
     http://isip.sejm.gov.pl/servlet/Search?todo=open&id=WDU20041711800

Regards,
--