[linux-dvb] Initial tuning data file for all Australian digitial frequencies

Glenn L. McGrath glenn.l.mcgrath at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 05:26:34 CEST 2008

Hi all

First off, thanks to everyone who has been working on the drivers
for the DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Express, i have mine partially
working now. (but thats another story)

One problem i had was scanning for channels, this is how i did it.

I live in regional Victoria and couldnt find a pre-generated
initial tuning data file, the wiki pointed me to w_scan.

I tried to use w_scan but after stumbling across
http://vk3khb.gak.net.au/ i realised it was scanning the wrong
frequencies for Australia, i did modify w_scan to scan aus frequencies,
but it breaks it for everyone else, and it only found the first
channel.

So i looked at the output of the one output line and just added extra
lines for every other frequency allowed for digital tv in Australia.

Then to produce my local channnels.conf i just scan every
allowed frequency with
> scan au-Initial > au-Warrnambool-City

I think others should be able to use the same method so they dont need
the pre-generated scan output for their region, they can make their own.

Glenn