[linux-dvb] Getting firmware loaded to 2 cards of the same type

Timothy E. Krantz tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com
Thu Sep 4 20:17:17 CEST 2008

I have searched the list but not found what I am looking for.
I have 2 tuner cards of the same type.  They have xc5000 tuner chips in them
that require firmware to be loaded.  As best as I can tell from the dmesg,
only the first card is actually getting the firmware properly loaded. There
seems to be a message related to the second card that says something about
firmware previously loaded.  The second card fails to tune in either ATSC or
NTSC mode, just a black screen.
Any clues?
Tim Krantz