[linux-dvb] Multiproto API/Driver Update

Francesco Schiavarelli kaboom at tiscalinet.it
Fri Sep 5 20:04:32 CEST 2008

Seeing how hot API discussion got lately I think it's time to write on
the subject.

Some time ago a discussion went on multiple TS support in DVB-S2, see:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.dvb/37299

I know that is a typical broadcaster application that a "normal" user
won't benefit so much, but I'd love to see it implemented as I think
v4l-dvb will gain some professional adoption.

 From a purely technical point of view how hard will be to extend
multiproto to support such feature? And is S2API ready for the same?

I'd like also to see support for non-tuning devices like ASI input
cards, is it planned?

thanks
Francesco