[linux-dvb] Hauppauge HVR 4000 in Ubuntu 8.04

Hans Werner HWerner4 at gmx.de
Sun Sep 7 22:50:19 CEST 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 22:25:18 +0200
> Von: "ga ver" <gavermer at gmail.com>
> An: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [linux-dvb] Hauppauge HVR 4000 in Ubuntu 8.04

> Hi,
>
> In Ubuntu 8.04 with kernel 2.6.24-19 I will use a HVR 4000 card.
> I have upgrade the firmware from http://www.steventoth.net/linux/cx24116/,
> and the latest driver from http:/linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
>
> In dmesg is the card not autodetected.
> What is missing here?
> Where can I find more info.
>
> Thanks in advance
> gaston

The v4l-dvb you downloaded does not contain an HVR4000 driver (yet), but several
drivers exist. Read the wiki at http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-4000
for instructions. I use the MFE driver mostly. Are you interested in DVB-S, DVB-S2
or DVB-T, or all of them? Keep watching this list -- it's a popular card here.

Hans

--
Release early, release often.

Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03