[linux-dvb] HVR4000 scratchpad patch

Darron Broad darron at kewl.org
Mon Sep 8 16:51:10 CEST 2008

In message <20080908000941.310670 at gmx.net>, "Hans Werner" wrote:

>-------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 01:09:56 +0200
>> Von: "Hans Werner" <HWerner4 at gmx.de>
>> An: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org, darron at kewl.org, stoth at linuxtv.org
>> Betreff: [linux-dvb] HVR4000 scratchpad patch
>
>> Does anyone know about the status of the HVR 4000 patch at
>> http://dev.kewl.org/hauppauge/scratchpad-8628.diff ?
>> According to the note from 18th Aug it's a test version for 2.6.26.
>> But it is 5x larger than previous patches so it looks like it was
>> diffed against the wrong revision. Has anyone rebased it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hans
>
>For example it's smaller when diffed against rev 227984e4b603 or rev fc018c7e7fe3,
>but still 2x as large as the earlier patches. Does anyone know the exact base?

Hi

Does it work as expected or do you have a problem?

The revision is 8628. The reason that you find this patch larger than
expected is because when I was supplied with some fixes from a fellow user
Carlo Scarfoglio the updates were against an older tree and when
added to a more recent tree it meant that a whole bunch of stuff which
had been added since his patch had to be reverted.

It's a bit messy but it ought to work and has been tested to work.

If you wish to provide a cleaner more up to date multi-frontend diff
then please go ahead, you are welcome.

cya

--

 // /