[linux-dvb] TechnoTrend C-1501 - Locking issues on 388Mhz

jerremy at wordtgek.nl jerremy at wordtgek.nl
Thu Sep 11 17:50:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

This issue has come up at least once a bit more then a month ago and is
still present in the current release of the V4L-DVB drivers. The
Technotrend C-1501 drivers are unable to get a lock on 388Mhz (and a couple
of other frequencies, like 682Mhz and 322Mhz, but I can only test 388Mhz).

The dmesg will mention an I2C timeout when this occurs, I'm not sure if its
related (as it'll randomly give those timeouts when viewing working
channels too).

I have two seperate installs of Linux (Ubuntu 8.04 64-Bit with 1 received
and Ubuntu 8.04 32-Bit with 2 receivers) which both suffer the same
inability to lock onto that frequency. So its unlikely to be a hardware
problem, also the Windows drivers do not seem to have any issues.

Is anyone looking into this issue? If not, what would be the place to
experiment?

Gr,

Jerremy Koot