[linux-dvb] S2API - Status - Thu Sep 11th

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Fri Sep 12 17:27:55 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008, Steven Toth wrote:
> Christophe Thommeret wrote:
> >
> > As far  as i understand, the cinergyT2 driver is a bit unusual, e.g.
> > dvb_register_frontend is never called (hence no dtv_* log messages). I don't
> > know if there is others drivers like this, but this has to be investigated
> > cause rewritting all drivers for S2API could be a bit of work :)
> >
> > P.S.
> > I think there is an alternate driver for cinergyT2 actually in developement
> > but idon't remember where it's located neither its state.
> Good to know. (I also saw your followup email). I have zero experience
> with the cinergyT2 but the old api should still be working reliably. I
> plan to investigate this, sounds like a bug! :)

Holger was of the opinion that having the demux in dvb-core
was stupid for devices which have no hw demux, so he
programmed around dvb-core. His plan was to add a
mmap-dma-buffers kind of API to the frontend device,
but it never got implemented.

Anyway, it's bad if one driver is different than all the others.