[linux-dvb] S2API - Status - Thu Sep 11th

Hans Werner HWerner4 at gmx.de
Sun Sep 14 14:36:31 CEST 2008

> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Steven Toth wrote:
> >> Patrick, I haven't looked at your 1.7MHz bandwidth suggestion - I'm
> open
> >> to ideas on how you think we should do this. Take a look at todays
> >> linux/dvb/frontend.h and see if these updates help, or whether you need
> >> more changes.
> >
> > I attached a patch which adds a DTV_BANDWIDTH_HZ command. That's all. I
> > would like to have the option to pass any bandwidth I want to the
> frontend.

> > Sorry for not integrating this into the frontend_cache yet. But I'm
> > really out of time (at work and even at home, working on cx24120) and I
> > will not be able to supply the DiBcom ISDB-T demod-driver (which would
> > use all that) right now.
>
> Great, thanks, I Merged with minor cleanup of comments.
>
> We should discuss the ISDB specifics at plumbers. The LAYER commands are
> not currently implemented and it would be good to understand atleast two
> different demodulators so we can abstract their controls into an API -
> and avoid any device specifics.
>
> Changes to tune.c (v0.0.6) on steventoth.net/linux/s2
>
> - Steve

The examples in tune 0.0.6 have two extra zeros :

it should be
{ .cmd = DTV_BANDWIDTH_HZ,    .u.data = 8000000 },
not
{ .cmd = DTV_BANDWIDTH_HZ,    .u.data = 800000000 },

After applying the multifrontend patch I have signal lock working with HVR4000 and
S2API on all three delivery systems:
DVB-T (tune -f 1 option)
and
DVB-S/S2 (tune -f 0 option)

The legacy API works too for DVB-T and DVB-S. Darron has a cx24116 patch which
I needed to apply.

Hans
--
Release early, release often.