[linux-dvb] Multiproto API/Driver Update

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Sep 16 18:45:03 CEST 2008

barry bouwsma <free_beer_for_all at yahoo.com> writes:

> There is GPL code distributed as part of *BSD sources,
> as you can see by reading the licensing in, for example,
> $ ls /lost+found/CVSUP/BSD/FreeBSD.cvs/src/sys/gnu/dev/sound/pci/
> Attic       emu10k1-alsa.h,v  maestro3_reg.h,v  p17v-alsa.h,v
> csaimg.h,v  maestro3_dsp.h,v  p16v-alsa.h,v

Don't read too much into that. C header files are generally interface
descriptions, and those are generally not copyrightable. I write
"generally" because like everything else in law, there are exceptions.

I doubt that *BSD would allow GPL'd .c-files into their kernel trees.

/Benny

P.S. Interesting place you keep your sources...