[linux-dvb] [FIX] Use correct firmware for the ATI TV Wonder 600

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:50:05 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Steven Toth <stoth at linuxtv.org> wrote:
> Devin Heitmueller wrote:

>>> /me nods
>>>
>>> Better still, have someone give you a device for free in return for help.
>>
>> Better still, have a vendor give you a device for free and make the
>> datasheets available in return for having their device supported.  :-)
>
> Believe it or not but I'm starting to see that happen, although with some
> restrictions.

Well, sign me up!  I would love to help the efforts to expand device
support, but at this point I'm personally blocked by the fact that I
have already bought four tuners in the last year, combined with the
lack of actual documentation which results in it taking *way* longer
than it has to.

Sure, I got all four of them to work which is progress, but it would
have gone much faster if the docs were available to me and I wasn't
laying out my own cash to buy tuners I have no personal use for.

I've spent all this time to learn the codebase and I'd like to
leverage that knowledge more, but now I have to ask myself, "What am I
going to do with four tuners?"

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller