[linux-dvb] Questions on v4l-dvb driver instructions

Jonathan Coles jcoles0727 at rogers.com
Wed Sep 17 03:13:18 CEST 2008

Your instructions at http://linuxtv.org/repo/ for obtaining v4l-dvb say
to execute:

hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

But this returns

abort: error: Name or service not known

Perhaps there is a mistake in the instructions.

It seems this checkout step is not really required, as you can download
the tarball from a link on the page at the URL.

I also find it confusing that you mention dvb-apps, but don't talk about
compiling it. Is it needed? Optional? An alternative?

Are there additional steps not presented here? I was unable to get my
Hauppage HVR-950 to work on Ubuntu 8.04. Does this package support that
device?