[linux-dvb] DVB USB receiver stopped reporting correct USB ID

Michael m72 at fenza.com
Fri Sep 19 07:12:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a Kworld USB DVB-T receiver that used to work on Mythbuntu 8.04. The
driver loaded the firmware correctly (dvb-usb-adstech-usb2-02.fw) and
everything worked OK.

Suddenly, without me having made any config changes, it is not being found
anymore, presumably because it is now reporting a USB ID of 04b4:8613
[CY7C68013 EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit].

When it worked, it used to report an ID of 06e1:a334 [ADS Technologies,
Inc]. I confirmed the same behavior is the same on another PC (also
mythbuntu 8.04)

I think it is not a linux driver problem - the device actually has a
CY7C68013 in it, so I'm guessing it has somehow "lost" its factory
configuration that tells it is should present an ID of 06e1:a334.

Does this mean it is dead or is there some way to reinitialise it?