[linux-dvb] Support for Pinnacle PCTV mini stick (USB TV Tuner) 80e

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 16:29:47 CEST 2008

Hello Tharsan,

2008/9/20 Tharsan Bhuvanendran <me at tharsan.com>:
> Hi,
> At the moment, there doesn't seem to be any dvb support for the Pinnacle
> PCTV HD mini stick (USB TV Tuner).
> The model is 80e.  This appears to be a new model, released about a month
> ago.
> The Pinnacle product page is here:
> http://pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Digital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/HD+mini+Stick

I just finished support for the Pro and Non-Pro versions a couple of
weeks ago, but judging by the different form factor, I would suspect
this is a different hardware design.

The most useful thing you could do would be to pop the device open and
take digital photos of the PCBs, and create a page on the LInuxTV DVB
Wiki for the device.

Once we know what components it contains, that will give us some idea
how much work will be required.

Devin J. Heitmueller
AIM: devinheitmueller