[linux-dvb] skystar 2 usb IR receiver with other remotes

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Sun Sep 21 07:27:06 CEST 2008

I'm looking for information about how to use a skystar 2 usb IR remote
sensor, type USB IR receiver 0900/3704, with other remotes than the
originally supplied Technisat TTS35AI remote. I think this remote is
using RC5 signalling, and that the recognised keys are hard coded in
the kernel driver? Or are they simply hard coded in the USB IR
receiver itself? I was hoping to use it as a generic RC5 receiver with
lirc.

lsusb says;

[...]
Bus 006 Device 021: ID 147a:e02d Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com