[linux-dvb] Dvico dual digital express - Poor tuner performance

Glenn McGrath glenn.l.mcgrath at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 08:44:56 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Alex Ferrara <alex at receptiveit.com.au> wrote:
> I am currently seeing inconsistent performance with the dvico dual
> digital express. Some channels tune just fine, and others have the
> impression of a very low signal strength.

I have the same card in regional Australia, i had a similar problem
problem, its working fine now though.

One of my issue was that i had not scanned the channels properly, did
you generate your initial-tuning-data yourself and use scan to
generate the channels.conf, or use somebody elses initial-tuning-data

It could be that the frequency in your channels.conf isnt accurate
enough, from what ive experienced if you set the frequency in the
channels.conf to be the center frequency of channel + 125kHz you
should be ok.

Also, there is an app called femon from dvb-apps package which will
display the signal strength of the currently tunned channel, i just
started that going and moved my indoor digital antenna around till i
got max strength.