[linux-dvb] hvr4000-s2api + QAM_AUTO

Hans Werner HWerner4 at gmx.de
Mon Sep 22 01:54:29 CEST 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:05:34 +0200
> Von: Christophe Thommeret <hftom at free.fr>
> An: Steven Toth <stoth at linuxtv.org>, "linux-dvb" <linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>
> Betreff: [linux-dvb] hvr4000-s2api + QAM_AUTO

> Hi Steve,
>
> I've managed to add S2 support to kaffeine, so it can scan and zap.
> However, i have a little problem with DVB-S:
> Before tuning to S2, S channels tune well with QAM_AUTO.
> But after having tuned to S2 channels, i can no more lock on S ones until
> set modulation to QPSK insteed of QAM_AUTO for these S channels.
> Is this known?
>
> --
> Christophe Thommeret

Hi Christophe,
do you mean FEC_AUTO? There is a note in the comments in cx24116.c about
FEC_AUTO working for QPSK but not for S2 (8PSK or NBC-QPSK).
Look for "Especially, no auto detect when in S2 mode."

Hope I'm not misunderstanding your question.

I'd be very happy to try out your patch for Kaffeine and give feedback if you are
ready to share it.

Regards,
Hans

--