[linux-dvb] Fwd: ubuntu installed geniatech x8000

Vanessa Ezekowitz vanessaezekowitz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 05:51:45 CEST 2008

Larry:  For the kernel, I'm using "linux-image-2.6.24-19-generic", with the headers that go with it
(""linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic").    It really *really* sounds like you are missing the correct headers package, plus
this "-server" variant of the kernel is new to me.  I'm forwarding your email to the v4l-dvb mailing list to get more eyes on the
problem.  If you've not done so, you should join the v4l-dvb mailing list:

v4l-dvb folks:  Can someone help this guy out?  Like the previous thread with "Curt Blank", Larry here is trying to get a Kworld
ATSC 120 working, but I don't know how to solve the problem he's having.  At first, Larry was using SUSE, but it just wouldn't
cooperate (he was receiving the same errors there as well).  At least Curt was able to get the driver to build.  Off the top of my
head, I don't know what the differences are between the kernel I'm using and the one he's using, seeing as they're the same
version number.  I could swear on a stack of programmer's reference guides that I've seen the same error myself at least once,
but I'll be damned if I can remember how I solved it.

(How did I become the resident expert on this card anyway? :-) )